Business Development Mentors
The most important support team for you is the Business Development Mentors (BDM). You will be assigned a Mentor when you join Belvoir and that Mentor will who will work closely with you to firstly prepare and open your business ready to trade and secondly to work with you to grow your business to achieve a solid base for future growth. One of the business mentors will have usually met with you before you attend the 3 week induction course.
The relationship changes with franchise support as your business continues to grow and we move into the development stage. All of our BDM’s have worked in the industry for many years and have an in-depth knowledge of the industry. The BDM’s will work closely with you to help grow your business. They will share successful initiatives that are real life situations and offer help and support
The Premises Coordinator
As a key part of our support services Belvoir provide a Premises Coordinator, who has the responsibility for all matters relating to the commercial premises you occupy to carry out your daily business. Very often when entering into a new business this can be a real concern to a prospective recruit but we have a skilled person to help you through to the point where you open your new shop and beyond.
The main stages of premises support are;
- Property search in your agreed area
- Negotiation to secure the agreed site at the best terms available
- Preparation of Heads of Terms for your legal team to expedite
- Legal negotiations on your behalf
- Support in planning the contract to fit out your premises to brand standards
- Providing all necessary specifications and supplier options
- Sign off and launch of your business
- Ongoing advice on all matters relating to the property, including rent reviews, lease renewals and dilapidations
- Expansion planning including; new premises, assignments and sub-letting
Our experience has shown that this support is invaluable in efficiently opening your shop and avoiding the pitfalls of commercial leasing or purchasing.
Training starts with the Induction Training Course which all franchisees attend. Following that we hold many in-house courses throughout the year. We currently hold 42 courses per year, giving training on 24 different subjects. We trained over 400 people last year and expect to exceed this number this year.
All of the above departments are based in Central Office and when they're not out on the road visiting franchisees, all personnel within the teams sit on the franchise support helpline. Franchisees can phone during working hours and ask any question about their business.