Growth through sales
With our heritage as being “the lettings specialist” we will always see lettings as our primary service but we now offer an equally professional residential property sales service alongside this. Our approach to estate agency is “with a difference” as we draw on our lettings experience of delivering high quality customer service and putting people first.
The addition of sales to our service offering is exciting as it means that our franchisees can now take advantage of the financial benefits of a bouyant housing market while your lettings business gives you that level of security for if the housing market takes a dip. It also means that we can offer a more rounded service helping our landlords to sell at point of exit or helping them purchase a buy-to-let investment.
The benefit of sales to a new franchisee is that the journey to break even point can be a quicker one meaning you can start earning profit sooner than if you were doing lettings alone.
Housing Market Conditions
- UK house prices increased by 5.7% in the year to May 2015, up from 5.5% in the year to April 2015
- House price annual inflation was 5.8% in England, 2.5% in Wales, 2.9% in Scotland and 10.5% in Northern Ireland
- The pace of annual house price growth increased slightly across the majority of the UK in May 2015
- Annual house price increases in England were driven by an annual increase in the East (9.3%) and the South East (8.2%)
- Excluding London and the South East, UK house prices increased by 5.2% in the 12 months to May 2015
- On a seasonally adjusted basis, average house prices increased by 0.9% between April and May 2015
- In May 2015, prices paid by first-time buyers were 5.1% higher on average than in May 2014. For owner-occupiers (existing owners), prices increased by 5.9% for the same period.
Information on the sales market taken from House Price Index, May 2015, Office for National Statistics