“Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.”– Charlotte Whitton
We are very excited to launch a week of content celebrating women in franchising.
This campaign is to co-incide with International Women's Day on the 8th March 2016, which marks the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women around the world.
When it comes to women in business, franchising has long been ahead of the curve.
Around 30% of the UK's 40,000 franchisee businesses are owned and run by women, according to the bfa/NatWest Franchise Survey. That's higher than the rate of female SME ownership across the UK - 18%, according to the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills - but we want to see it climb higher still by sharing women's stories and encouraging more females into the sector.
Franchising suits women for a number of reasons:
- Women tend to be great organizers, can prioritize well, and have an eye for detail. Characteristics like these are a perfect match for operating a franchise.
- Women are good at multi-tasking and often have the ability to think quickly, improvise, and adapt when necessary.
- Women are known to have strong networking and communications skills. This is vital as communication with the franchisor, vendors, other franchisees and customers is imperative to success.
- Female business owners also tend to be more financially conservative and willing to start small on their way to growing big. This is the kind of business approach and philosophy that is perfect for opening, operating, and growing a franchise.
- Women like the flexibility of owning a franchise, as it often means they can combine business ownership with bringing up their children.
Here at Belvoir, we are particularly keen to see young women considering a franchise as a first step into business, rather than undertaking a job or career and thinking about it later in life.
The unparalleled training and support given by Belvoir means that young females can fast track their way to business success, as evidence by the business journey of Belvoir partner, Emma Falco:
Tune in daily for more content celebrating women in franchising or come and meet us in 2016 to discuss your way forwards.
You can also follow all the action on twitter on hashtag #IWD2016.
Related content: Guest blog by Talented Ladies - 5 reasons franchises are great for women!
Belvoir is an award-winning estate and lettings agency with over 200 successful offices around the U.K. If you would like to talk about being our next success story, please call us on 01476 570000 or email us on email@example.com