Lettings is a recession proof business. Our top 25% of franchisees achieved an average turnover of £325,623.02 per office. Our top 10% of offices achieved an average turnover of £426,206.20. (Rolling YTD Feb 2012)
Mike says "You don’t need previous experience of the property or lettings market to join the Belvoir franchise network.In fact, only 2% of our franchisees were letting agents or estate agents before they joined Belvoir. We will teach you, guide you and support you to become the best lettings expert in your locality.
What Belvoir needs from you is drive, determination, enthusiasm and excellent communication skills. Belvoir Franchise Owners are of all ages and come from all walks of life including teaching, the Forces, police, banking, estate agency and farming. Belvoir welcomes enquiries from individuals and partnerships, as well as husband and wife and family member teams.
I was a Wing Commander in the RAF, so used the principles I learnt in the military to help me build a business based on clear and trainable systems and processes. Then, by offering this business opportunity to carefully selected franchisees, I have seen the Belvoir brand grow rapidly and successfully throughout the UK.
There are many different franchise options out there for you to consider. However, according to the Government, private lettings will increase from 15% of all property in 2010 to around 20% by 2020 ... that will mean there will be an additional 1,000,000 properties under the private rented sector in the next ten years.
Renting is not a passing phase. The UK is becoming like Europe, where it is the norm to rent rather than buy.
Joining Belvoir will enable you to take advantage of a relatively recession proof market with a professional, established company. Being part of Belvoir is like being in a large family. The support and guidance that Ian Maclean and his team in Franchise Support will give you is second to none and the leadership of Dorian Gonsalves, my MD, is outstanding. Although you are part of a franchise, we understand it is YOUR business, whether to suceed is entirely down to you and your efforts, but come to us with an open mind and the attitudes I mentioned above, I can assure you, you wont be dissapointed and you could grow a business that will be a real asset in the future."
Here are a few more reasons why Belvoir is the franchise for you:
- Belvoir is one of the largest true specialist residential lettings franchise agencies in the UK, with over 140 offices nationwide.
- By following Belvoir’s tried and proven business formula you have the very best chance of succeeding as a franchise owner.
Christopher Watkin, Head of Recruitment for Belvoir Lettings plc, talks about why he believes you will have a better chance of success in being a lettings only agent, than sales and lettings agent
- Belvoir has an extremely strong brand; it is highly recognised and respected within the franchise industry, with multiple awards from the British Franchise Association and Sunday Times, Negotiator awards amongst others.
- The Belvoir brand values are focussed around Customer Service, Professionalism and being a Lettings Specialist.
Training & Support
We have a dedicated development team based at our Central Office who are devoted to assisting and advising you with a whole range of requirements. Find out more on this page.
Freedom to run YOUR business
- You can enjoy working for yourself under the umbrella of a large, national organisation.
- You choose your own exclusive areas click here for available areas and our dedicated premises team will ensure you have high class, fully branded premises ready for trading
- You will have access to a legal helpline, franchise support helpline and franchisee bulletin board to ensure you gain knowledge and expert advice from all areas.
- We support and oversee the Belvoir group through compliance checks and customer satisfaction surveys to protect our Brand and your business.
- We always ensure that our Franchise Owners are best set to achieve their final exit strategy when the time comes.
- We also provide opportunities to those who wish to further enhance their organic growth via acquisitions.
- A range of over 50 workshops and webinars are also available to give you the knowledge and confidence to fully develop your Belvoir franchise.
Terry Lucking, our franchisee from Belvoir Peterborough, talks about the importance of local knowledge
- Your office will have its own web pages on Belvoir’s cutting edge lettings website (www.belvoirlettings.com), which receives in excess of a quarter of a million unique visitors and provides maximum exposure to your new business.
- New franchise owners will also be given a starter pack which includes useful items such as To-Let boards, templates etc.
- The central office team will look into marketing opportunities to promote the brand on a national basis, which in turn will increase awareness of your business.
- You will benefit from national initiatives and group discounts rolled out to the group as well as shared ideas from other franchise owners to allow you to pick what works for your business.
- Belvoir central office will assist with PR, local campaigns and provide a library of promotional materials including help with events.
- Dorian Gonsalves has recently helped to fund and launch the SAFE Agent scheme which is a Kitemark scheme for landlords and letting agents to protect tenants and landlords from rogue traders. Belvoir is one of the founder firms and over 100 offices joined the scheme within the first few months of launching. Safe Agent website
- Belvoir is a full member of the British Franchise Association (BFA), Mike Goddard, the founder and CEO of Belvoir, was Chairman of the BFA’s Board of Directors for 3 years in a row.
- Mike has also recently been asked to join the Board of Directors of The Property Ombudsman, this scheme is well recognised by the property industry, the Government, and consumers and we are honoured that our CEO has been asked to join the Board which is a reflection of the strength and reputation of the Belvoir brand and our huge contribution to the lettings industry. Belvoir is the only specialist lettings agency represented on the Board which is a clear indication that our industry is being increasingly recognised as a major player in the property market and that Belvoir is one of the leaders in this field.
- Belvoir has also been awarded the Gold Award for the Best Lettings Agency Franchise at the 2010 Lettings Agency of the Year Awards in association with The Sunday Times & The Times.
- In 2011 Belvoir won the award again, being awarded the Silver Award at the Best Lettings Agency Franchise at the 2011 Lettings Agency of the Year Awards in association with The Sunday Times & The Times
- In 2012 Belvoir won the award again, being awarded the Gold Award at the Best Lettings Agency Franchise at the 2012 Lettings Agency of the Year Awards in association with The Sunday Times & The Times
- Mike Goddard has been awarded business leader of the year at the Negotiator Awards in November 2009. Click here for details
- Mike was also reappointed for a record third term as Chairman of the British Franchise Association, which reflects Belvoir’s reputation and standing within the industry.He has recently stepped down from this role and now represents the BFA in Europe Click here
- Belvoir won the 2007 Gold Award at the British Franchise Association (bfa) Franchisee of the Year awards, when Terry Lucking of Belvoir Peterborough beat off stiff competition to become the nation’s top Franchise Owner.Click here
- Belvoir was also one of just nine finalists selected to compete for the 2007 British Franchise Association, Franchisor of the Year Awards.
Dont take our word for it, see why others chose Belvoir ...
Kieran Donohoe runs his own Belvoir office in Solihull, Birmingham. He explains why he chose Belvoir in this 1m 40 sec video
Andy Campbell, our first Belvoir franchisee (from Elgin on Scotland) talks about his 16 years with Belvoir
Simon Bell started his Belvoir with his wife Sally, in late 2010 and they achieved over 150 properties on their books by their first birthday!
To find out more, contact Sarah Wood or Christopher Watkin on 01476 570000 for an informal chat or email us for more information.
Otherwise, click here for the Territories available